Strong Defense Against Identity Theft & Internet Fraud Charges
The computer age makes crimes like identity theft and embezzlement much more common, and it presents the possibility of entirely new crimes never thought possible in the past. The penalties for these new crimes are no less severe than traditional ones, however.
Defending You Against Internet Criminal Charges
If you are charged with an internet crime, you need a lawyer who is familiar with the complexities of computer crimes and other areas of criminal law. My name is Donald D. Cleveland. As an attorney serving Lafayette, Louisiana, and St. Martin Parish, I will use experience and skill to defend you against computer crime charges.
I can defend you against charges like:
- Identity theft
- Internet-based embezzlement
- Drug trafficking
A Different Kind Of Crime ∙ A Different Kind Of Representation
Computers can make criminal behavior much simpler, but they make things much more complicated for the criminal defense lawyer. In particular, the fact-finding process involves more steps and a greater level of complexity. For example, in a case of computer embezzlement or fraud:
- The evidence is much harder to attain and document because of computer encryption and storage techniques.
- Every aspect of the case needs to be documented more thoroughly.
- Many aspects of the evidence or defense fall into hearsay, inadmissible at trial.
- There are complicated issues associated with the service providers and other technical aspects.
The immediate stakes for computer crimes like identity theft or embezzlement are obvious: jail time and fines. But the long-term consequences can be severe to you and your family’s future. I use experience and skill to navigate this complicated legal process, and my law firm can defend you effectively. When you hire me, I am committed to fighting for your future.
I Will Fight For Your Future