Your Computer Crime Defense Lawyer
The computer age makes crimes like identity theft and embezzlement much more common, and it presents the possibility of entirely new crimes never thought possible in the past. The penalties for these crimes are no less severe, however.
If you are charged with a computer or Internet crime, you need a lawyer who is familiar with the complexities of computer crimes and other areas of criminal law. As an attorney serving Lafayette, Louisiana, I use experience and skill to defend you against computer crime charges.
I can defend you against charges like:
- Identity theft
- Internet-based embezzlement
- Drug trafficking
A Different Kind of Crime ∙ A Different Kind of representation
Computers can make criminal behavior much simpler, but they make things much more complicated for the criminal defense lawyer. In particular, the fact-finding process involves more steps and a greater level of complexity.
For example, in a case of computer embezzlement or fraud:
- The evidence is much harder to attain and document because of computer encryption and storage techniques.
- Every aspect of the case needs to be documented more thoroughly.
- Many aspects of the evidence or defense fall into hearsay, inadmissible at trial.
- There are complicated issues associated with the service providers and other technical aspects.
I use experience and skill to navigate this complicated legal process, and my law firm can defend you effectively.
Fighting for Your Future
The immediate stakes for computer crimes like identity theft or embezzlement are obvious: jail time and fines. But the long-term consequences can be severe, to you and to your family's future. When you hire me, I am committed to fighting for your future. You are more than a case number to me, and I will fight as if your future depends on it, because it does. Contact me in Lafayette Parish.